Wednesday 4 April 2012

Minor Update

As I haven't posted anything in a while, I thought I should give a minor update on what's going on with the car at the moment.


Begin Update:


Not a fat lot!


End Update.


I've essentially done nothing with the car since the last update, but I have managed to ascertain that the nearside handbrake cable is shot.  This is the only reason for the brake not to work when everything is moving freely enough and the offside brake does work.


I have placed an order for a new cable and am just waiting for it to come in before I can begin the next challenge.  Having never done one of these before, I am a little bit apprehensive.  I have a suspicion this job will be as highly sprung as the shoe replacement in my last post, so I'm not really looking forward to it. It also means dismantling some of the car's interior, which I don't have a good history with - it usually doesn't go back in the right place...


Other than that, I can report that another package landed on my desk yesterday - a full set of 40mm lowering springs.


The spring fitment will be carried out once the car has got a full MOT on it and I will try to document that part as well.  I will be enlisting the help of a friend with a workshop for that job, though...


And that's it for now.  No exciting pictures, no lost limbs and no blue language.  The only other news is that the ferry and all the hotels are now booked for our little adventure in July, so there's no backing out now!


Next update will hopefully end in a working handbrake...

No comments:

Post a Comment