Friday 18 May 2012

Behold! A New Post!

Yes, I apologise for the frankly epic hiatus on here since my last update.  Sorry about that.  It seems whenever I've had time to work on the car recently, the weather has had other plans!


Well, there's good news.  Last weekend brought a couple of hours of dry weather.  Just enough for me to strip the brakes down again (I'll not bore you by repeating the whole procedure here!) and realise that the handbrake actually appeared to be working!


Hastily, I chucked everything back together, adjusted the shoes and yanked on the brake.  Solid as a rock!  Woopah!


I booked it in for its MOT immediately and got the good news this afternoon that it had passed.


As soon as I got home, I got straight on the Internet and taxed the thing as well.  Directly the tax disc arrives, I will be fully legal and the real work can begin.


In celebration, I bought the car a treat:


"Remove Before Flight" Keyring
I thought these keyrings were perfect for the theme of the car when we take it on the Chronicle Rally.


No, the theme has nothing to do with aircraft, but these tags are used elsewhere and have become something of a de facto tag for reminding engineers to remove whatever they're strapped onto before the vehicle/machine is started up.


They are actually used in touring cars (in the throttle inlet, for instance) so I figured they were perfect for out touring car theme!


Although I've got no more procedures to show you at the moment, getting the MOT is a huge step forward.  It means I can use the car on the public road, which in turn means I can take it to a workshop, etc. for making the upcoming work much easier.


Speaking of which, upcoming work includes the following:



  • Front brake discs & pads renewal
  • Oil & filter replacement
  • Coolant refresh
  • Brake fluid substitution for high temperature racing fluid
  • 40mm lowering spring kit
  • BTCC decal kit
  • Probably lots of ancillary work along the way!
Stay tuned right here for all this and more!  (Did that sound like an American TV announcer, or what?!)

Seriously, I promise there will be some marginally more interesting content in the forthcoming weeks.  There's a lot to do before the rally and I intend to blog about all of it.

Following that, there will hopefully be more blog posts about the road car's transformation into a racer!

Good stuff.  Subscribe to get new posts first.  Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment